Majorly disturbing book. This guy is hunting humans. Murdering is the proper term really. It's very gross and twisted. I wish we didn't have to read it but what can you do?? Although I obviously didn't like it, it was hard to put down. It pulled me in and I didn't put down the book until I had finished it. No matter how sickening it was. I personally am not a hunter and am completely against it being a sport. Which is how hunting is in the book. In fact, the main character Rainsford is going to South America(or was it Africa?) to hunt panthers. Panthers! When a man has a powerful gun and a panther has nothing but the protection of the night. it's easy to see who is going to win that game. It's mean and unfair. It would be a bit more fair if we gave the panthers guns and opposable thumbs! Of course, the still probably wouldn't figure out how to use them, it's still a thought. Maybe we should arm all animals we hunt with guns and then see who wins. Or take away our guns and give them to the animals. They may still be unable to use them, but they'd kick our buts still. Just because we are "smarter" then them at certain things(mechanical/technological) we apparently "rule" the world. I'm getting of topic though, so if you are looking for a intriguing, short story read The most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell.
To read go to the following link:
http://fiction.eserver.org/short/the_most_dangerous_game.html
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment