Sunday, November 1, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

A comedy written by Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing is, in my opinion, just okay. Nothing special. I'll admit, if it were to be done at a theatre, I would probably pay to see it. Yet I don't think that it is one of those plays that you "have" to read or hear or see. Not like Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello or (one of my personal favourites) The Taming of the Shrew. So, in short, I did like it a little bit. I had previously known a little about this story so I was fairly capable of following the movie. If I had not have had a previous knowledge of what was going on, I think I still would have been able to follow it because the actors used facial expressions and gestures constantly. Non-verbal communication is sometimes easier to follow, than the words they were saying. I also "understood" the story. I knew what was happening when it was happening, for the most part. I only got a little confused at the parts when Dogberry and his assistant(whose name has currently slipped my mind) were in. The were fairly confusing and awkward but very humorous. Also there were times in the story where I thought they were a little over dramatic. Although what do you expect, it's Shakespeare!

No comments:

Post a Comment