Sunday, November 8, 2009

Advice Column... sort of

Awwww, midterms.. Time just flies, doesn't it? I actually can't believe we are this far into the school year already! Still, I wouldn't say I was a veteran, not yet at least. I have never been good at giving advice, but I shall try my hardest. The biggest one is, listen to your grade eight teachers. They know what they are talking about when it comes to studying, getting ready ahead of time and the teachers' tolerance levels, etc. At the time, I did listen but didn't completely trust what they were saying. Now I know that they knew what they were talking about! It's best to be prepared and pay attention. Also, shouldn't you know that f three is an overhead, or note on the board,you should copy it? Unless of course, the teachers says not to.
Also be open to try new things, or meet now people. Things are going to be a lot different. You are given more freedom and don't feel like the teachers are breathing down your neck all the time. It's fun. Since IDCI has like 1050 students(I think) you are bound to meet new people. DO NOT judge them based on how they look or act. In fact I have recently mad a new friend who I though was extremely geeky and well kind of creepy. He turned out to be a good friend. It was mean of me to awesome that he would be a creep.
Lastly, I have a bit of advice that doesn't really relate to the school part of the whole high school experience. It has to do with hanging out after school. To get to the point it has to do with parties. Parties, I like them and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Generally at almost all the parties I have been to there's been drinking, smoking and drugs. I think, wheat the hack, if you want to do them go ahead. Yet don't go overboard because you look like a compete idiot. You don't want to be one of those kids whose been at the party for around 30 minutes and is already passed out on the floor. You look stupid. Then kids make fun of you later and you have no idea what they are talking about. You could have been in the middle of the road, singing "hit me with your best shot" and you would have no idea. I'll admit those people make things more interesting for the people that go easy but you shouldn't want to be one of those people. So know your limits.
That's really all I can say, I'm sure by Christmas or the end of the year I'd have more to say, but for now this will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment