Maybe simply because he literally changed literature for the whole human race...
Or at least I think so. I'm sure there are lots of people that would agree with me. He wrote some of the most famous pieces out there.
- Romeo and Juliet
- The Taming of the Shrew
- Hamlet
- Macbeth
- A Midsummer's Night Dream
- The Winter's Tale
- As You Like It
...to name a few. I think we should be studying his works and I think we should continue till the end of time! That's a bit dramatic, but I do think future generations should have the same opportunities to learn about his works. I think it is important to learn about this "stuff" for several reasons. Firstly, it's our history. We should want to know what our ancestors(or our ancestor's ancestors) found funny and normal and "a part of life". To know how they lived their everyday lives. Also, some stories could be excellent conversation pieces if you want to sound smart or sophisticated or "well-breed". Lastly, we may be able to learn about life through Shakespeare's works. To learn about hate, love, desire, madness, faith and fate. Lessons that could make our lives seem worth living. Maybe these stories give us hope, for something better. I think that, that is by itself, enough to want to study William Shakespeare.
No comments:
Post a Comment