My group was assigned Johnny 99 by Bruce Springsteen. A fairly depressing song. The lyrics are alright. Nothing special. Pretty much what happens is a man loses his job, gets drunk, then kills a man. He gets caught by the police and is taken to the judge. Who sentences him to 99 years in jail. Johnny doesn't want this and asks to be sentenced death row. Pretty depressing, no? It doesn't relate to any of my experiences because I don't know anyone on death row(I kind of hope I never will). Honestly I didn't really like the song. Sounded to different. Wasn't what I like personally. I am sure there aer people who would love it but it's not for me. I did however like some of the other groups songs, such as Cats in the Cradle.
To listen to Johnny 99 click herehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUe2kFMj2Y
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment