Friday, October 2, 2009

Book Study - Journal Entry #8

Lessons in Heartbreak
by Cathy Kelly

Yeah!! My last journal entry. This means I have finished the book. Over all it was pretty good. I'm not sure I would recommend it to someone because it wasn't wonderful. Yet still I didn't feel like I wasted my time when I finished it. Anyway in the end it tells you pretty quickly that(**note if you want to read this book skip ahead until the next paragraph**) Lily, the grandmother died, Anneliese is not longer as depressed, Jodi is pregnant, Beth had her baby and Izzie broke up with Joe. So for the most part it was happy. Although this might sound bad, Lily's death kind of freed all the other woman. It helped them accept lives challenges and the obstacles that were sure to come in the future. Of course I was happy to hear that Patrick, Jamie and Joe(the cheating husbands) were out of the story for good. Au revoir is all I can say. Thank goodness. No one should have to deal with what those wives/mistresses did. I guess I am being kind of mean. Though right now I am not impressed with the whole male race based on this book.

Another thing would be that this novel ended very abruptly. It was like BAM! Lily's dead, Joe's gone, someones pregnant and there's a new baby! BAM! The end. I don't like that because I don't know if things worked out or if things were even more screwed up then before. So that makes me kind of iffy. On the other hand I did like it because I can pretend that "they all lived happily ever after". I'm sure that they probably didn't, but it sure is a nicer way to look at things. I can pretend Izzie fell in love with some handsome model. That Jodi didn't experience a miscarriage for the tired time. That Anneliese was completely happy being alone and free. That Beth's baby would stay healthy. Possibly even that Lily went to heaven(if you believe in that stuff). I don't know, maybe that stuff did happen. Or maybe Anneliese married the man who saved her when she tried to kill herself. Maybe Izzie becomes gay. Maybe Jodi ends up having sixtuplets. I guess you could say I like that the book ended so abruptly because now my imagination is all over the place, thinking of the possible outcomes/futures.

So, that is all...
Until the next blog or novel study
Bye Bye

1 comment:

  1. wonderful, thoughtful , insightful detailed responses.....a pleasure to read

    p.s. grandma sounds like quite a character

    ReplyDelete