Thursday, September 10, 2009
Mella
In English class, we read an African myth called Mella. In summary, a story of a girl whose love for her father helps her overcome fear of the Python Healer, and in the end is rewarded with friendship and respect. In general I did like the story. Firstly because it explained(in detail) the hard journey Mella had to take to reach the Python Healer. Secondly, even though all the animals in the jungle "warned" Mella not to let the Python Healer wrap itself around her body, she did. Lastly, in the ending Mella is rewarded with friendship and respect. Although, when it told about Mella's three brothers wanting to steal the Python Healer's gold, I felt that made the story a bit too detailed and was off point. I do understand that the story tellers added it to say Mella repaid the Python Healer. I think anyone with a craving for an African myth with love, courage and honesty I would recommend Mella.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment