In English today we listened to the song "Grade Nine" by The Bare Naked Ladies. The song is just about some of the difficulties grade nines go through to try to fit in and stay "cool". Such as getting the cool clothing or binders. I suppose the song was alright but it isn't something I would normally listen to.
Mr. McGuchan also asked us all to report on our first week of high school. The first day of school was the eighth of September, 2009. I guess you could say it started out just as any other school day. Waking up way before your normal time, not knowing what to wear and at the last minute, realising you cant find your pencil case. Except for this year was my first year on a bus. I have to get on at the end of my street, so that means every morning I have to leave the house at 7:30am to make the bus at 7:40am. Normally, back when I was in elementary school, I wouldn't even be awake yet.
Anyway, I got to IDCI around ten to eight. I found my locker(had a little trouble trying to open the lock!), dumped all of my stuff in and grabbed everything I would need for my first two classes, Science with Mr. Palermo and Geography with Ms. Bedford. I looked down the hall, saw a couple friends from my first class and was on my way. I even got homework on the first day. Fun! Fun! At lunch I sat in the cafeteria with a bunch of friends. Then showed up to English half an hour early. That was a bit odd. Then I had Family Studies and the day was over. Although I did get on the wrong bus. Apparently the one I got on was heading to Mt. Elgin, not Clarke Side Road. Luckily I figured out in time that I was on the wrong bus and got on the correct one.
The rest of the week went smoothly, with little to no mishaps. One night I had three hours of homework, which honestly was kind of neat because in grade 8 I probably had three hours of homework in total. The only other mishap was on Friday. I was talking with a friend after school was out in the hall. I suddenly remembered that I have to take a bus now. So I missed the bus. It drove away just as I was walking outside. That was pretty funny. I did make it home in almost the same amount of time it would take on the bus.
All in all I would call my first week at high school a success. I didn't get shoved into a locker and wasn't taped to a pole, thank goodness. I didn't show up at the wrong class or get lost. All of my teachers are funny and different in many ways. I enjoy being in their classes and can't wait for all the other fun times I'll have this year.
Here is a YouTube video of The Barenaked Ladies preforming Grade Nine. Before Grade Nine is their song I can sing(I think). Grade Nine starts around 30 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RokGt6fD1fA
Monday, September 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment